Fear is one of the biggest things that hold people back from going after their dreams and living a more fulfilling life.
To some people just the idea of fear makes them cringe and stay in a box. That mental box that people stay in keeps them safe and secure from whatever outside harm can do to them.
The ones who do not let that fear get to them succeed in many avenues and enjoy the thrill.
In my own life I have came across fear plenty of times and have learned over many years how to deal with this.
Lets look at the definition of fear. Fear is a feeling induced by perceived danger or threat that occurs in certain types of organisms, us humans, which causes a change in metabolic and organ functions and ultimately a change in behavior such as fleeing, hiding, or freezing from perceived events.
As a mechanical engineer we have a methodology called Six Sigma and within it we have a process we follow to figure out the root cause and improve processes called, DMAIC. These five steps or five letters can be used to overcome any fear you are facing. Define, measure, analyze, improve, and control. It seems to be that one pre-requisite to even facing your fears is to admit that you are scared.
When you do not even admit to yourself that you are scared and fearful you train your mind to think where you are at now is ok and it is truly not.
Remember what Henry Ford said, If you think you can or you think you cant you are right. If you want to fight this fear and go after your fulfillment you do not want to be right on something, in your mind, that does not give you the positive progress you are looking for.
Once you admit to your fear now we can begin with the 5 steps to overcome your fear.
1. Define – Define or determine what it is exactly that you are afraid of.
2. Measure – Measure how much this will affect your life if you do not face and overcome your fears and what your life will look like if you do overcome your fears.
3. Analyze – Analyze in details why you even have this fear in the first place. There are typically two things and they are the fear of the unknown and past experiences that you have had.
4. Improve – Improve upon many ways to get over your fear. Begin dreaming again of what you truly want in life, take action on that dream, and if fear stops you at that point of taking action then ask yourself, “what is the worse case scenario besides dying”. If you can surpass this then there should be no excuses, if you stay true to yourself, on taking action.
5. Control – Always take control and stay in control of your environment. The people who fail blame any and everything except themselves, but the ones who take responsibility for their actions to maintain and even increase their successes always end up on top. Stay in control by eliminating toxic environments or friends that are in your circle. Continue to improve and look at things as an obstacle to overcome. This is what can keep you in control and continue to make new limits for your success.
What are you afraid of and what fears are holding you back? Comment below.
NEW VIDEO: https://youtu.be/wXXxy5W0toM
NEW PODCAST: https://soundcloud.com/craboutthebucket/5-steps-to-overcome-fear-and-succeed-in-life-ways-to-overcome-fear-of-failure-episode-01
RECOMMENDED BOOK: How To Overcome Fear – https://amzn.to/2qqBlIH
EMAIL ME WITH QUESTIONS: email@example.com